Video Series: Tips for Making an Offer on a Home
Welcome back to Crye-Leike Insights! Each week, we share tips, stories, and wisdom from our Crye-Leike family. This week, Jack Webb shares his expertise and gives us a few tips on making an offer on a house.
Hire a Realtor
- When you hire Crye-Leike, you not only get a top-notch Realtor, you also will have access to moving services, relocation services, and much more.
Find out about the Home and Neighborhood
- Discuss home comparables and neighborhood amenities.
Begin with the End in Mind
- Think about where you want to end up when finished negotiating.
Find out the Seller’s Motivation
- If the home has been on the market for a long time or the seller has a big motivation for wanting to move quickly, they will be more willing to negotiate on price.
Find out the Home’s Condition
- Always get an inspection and find out how much maintenance will be required.
- You want to know what you can qualify for for your loan.
- If you are pre-qualified, you offer looks much better to the seller.
- The less contingencies that you have in you offer, the more attractive your offer looks to the seller.
Keep Your Emotions in Check
- Consider how the seller will view your offer. The goal is for this to be a win-win situation for both sides.