Crye-Leike Golf Tournament Raises $15,000 for Wings Cancer Foundation

Memphis, Tenn. – The Ninth Annual Sherry Park Memorial Golf Scramble, sponsored by Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust, presented a $15,000 check to the Wings Cancer Foundation in Memphis, Tenn. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003.

The Wings Cancer Foundation is committed to providing hope, education, research and support to anyone touched by cancer since 1996.

Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust designated 75 percent of the funds toward cancer research and the remaining 25 percent to the foundation’s support services. The foundation offers services such as a lending library, a labyrinth, nutritional counseling, exercise, yoga and Tai Chi classes, crisis intervention and support groups.

The golf tournament was held on September 11, 2003 at the Memphis National Golf Course on Houston Levee Road in Collierville, Tenn. and attracted golfers from Shelby, Fayette and Tipton counties as well as from DeSoto County, Mississippi. This year’s co-chairmen, Lucy Doane and Dan Quinley of Crye-Leike’s Germantown Poplar branch, have slated next year’s annual tournament for September 23, 2004 at the same golf course.

Since 1994, Crye-Leike’s Germantown Poplar branch office has raised over $90,000 for the Wings Cancer Foundation.  The tournament’s founder was the late Sherry Park, former managing broker of the Germantown Poplar branch office for nine years.

When Sherry was diagnosed with cancer, she was instrumental in organizing Crye-Leike’s first golf tournament to benefit cancer research.  Many of the services provided by the Wings Cancer Foundation are located within the West Clinic where Park received her cancer treatment under the care of Dr. Lee Schwartzberg.  Upon her death in 1995, sales associates of Crye-Leike’s Germantown Poplar branch office continued the golf tournament by naming it in her memory with proceeds benefiting the Wings Cancer Foundation.  In 2004, the tournament will reach its 10th anniversary.

“Generous donations like this make it possible for the Wings Cancer Foundation to provide many support programs and services free of charge to anyone in the community touched by cancer,” said Sandy Patterson, executive director of the Wings Cancer Foundation.

Major sponsors of the event were: Diamond Sponsors: 1st Trust Bank for Savings; Realty Title; Coca-Cola Enterprise, Inc.; Trustmark Bank and Mortgage and Harrah’s: Tunica; Platinum Sponsors: Crye-Leike, Realtors and Hank Park Trust; Gold Sponsors: Community Mortgage and Memorials to Neil Wilson and Tom Brewer; and, Silver Sponsors: Crye-Leike Insurance Agency; Grand, Sheraton and Bally’s Casinos; First American Home Buyers Protection Corp.; Park Place Entertainment; dbi Distributors; D. Canale Beverages, Inc.; A.S. Barbaro, Inc.; Linco Printing; Latham Oates, Attorney; Armstrong Allen, PLLC and Murphy, Dezonia & Webb, Attorneys.

Crye-Leike (www.crye-leike.com), a full service real estate company for 26 years, is the nation’s 10th largest real estate company and the largest serving the Southern Region of the United States.  It has a network of over 2,800 sales associates and 68 branch and franchise offices located in 36 counties throughout a six-state region in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky and Florida.

Crye-Leike, Inc. in Memphis has a sales force of over 1,200 sales associates who are located in 20 corporate and franchise offices in seven (7) counties throughout the West Tennessee and Mississippi regions, which include Hardin and Shelby counties in Tennessee; Crittenden County in Arkansas; and DeSoto, Lee, Lowndes and Union counties in Mississippi.

For sponsorship information for the 10th Annual Sherry Park Memorial Golf Tournament, to be held September 23, 2004, contact Lucy Doane or Dan Quinley at Crye-Leike’s Germantown Poplar branch office, 901/754-0800.