Crye-Leike Golf Tournament Raises $12,000 for Wings Cancer Foundation

Crye-Leike Golf Tournament Raises $12,000 for Wings Cancer Foundation
Event co-chairmen Lucy Doane (far right) and Dan Quinley made a special check presentation to Dr. Lee Schwartzberg, center, of the Wings Cancer Foundation, along with its executive director, Sandy Patterson, front left. Also participating in the check presentation ceremony were: (l to r): Dick Leike, co-founder of Crye-Leike, Realtors; Stacey Blackwell of Armstrong Allen PLLC, event silver sponsor; Neil Harkavy, attorney and event sponsor; Sam McClatchey of Trustmark Bank & Mortgage, event diamond sponsor; and Kirk Bailey of 1st Trust Bank Bank for Savings - Mortgage Division, event diamond sponsor.

Memphis, Tenn. – The Eighth Annual Sherry Park Memorial Golf Scramble, sponsored by Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust, recently presented a check to the Wings Cancer Foundation in Memphis, Tenn. for $12,000. To date, the Sherry Park Memorial Golf Scramble has raised over $ 63,000 for the Wings Cancer Foundation. Lucy Doane and Dan Quinley of Crye-Leike’s Germantown-Poplar branch office served as this year’s co-chairmen.

The golf tournament was held on September 19, 2002 at the Memphis National Golf Course on Houston Levee Road in Collierville, Tenn. Next year’s tournament is planned for September 11, 2003 at the same golf course.

Founded in 1996, the Wings Cancer Foundation is committed to providing hope, education, research and support to anyone touched by cancer.  The foundation offers services such as a lending library, a labyrinth, nutritional counseling, exercise, yoga and Tai Chi classes, crisis intervention and support groups. Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust designated 75 percent of the funds toward cancer research and the remaining 25 percent to the foundation’s support services.

“Thanks to generous donations like this, Wings is able to provide many support programs and services free of charge to anyone in the community touched by cancer,” said Sandy Patterson, executive director of the Wings Cancer Foundation.

The late Sherry Park was managing broker of Crye-Leike’s Germantown branch office for nine years, which was established in 1986. When Sherry was diagnosed with cancer, she was instrumental in organizing Crye-Leike’s first golf tournament in 1994 to benefit cancer research. Many of the services provided by the Wings Cancer Foundation are located within the West Clinic where Parks received her cancer treatment under the care of Dr. Lee Schwartzberg.  Upon her death in 1995, sales associates of Crye-Leike’s Germantown branch office continued the golf tournament by naming it in her memory with proceeds benefiting the Wings Cancer Foundation.

At this year’s check presentation, Dr. Schwartzberg praised Sherry for her determination and indomitable spirit.  “Sherry was very concerned about being armed with the latest medical treatments available.  Crye-Leike’s commitment to contribute funding aimed at cancer research is a fitting tribute to an amazing woman.”

Major sponsors of the event were: Diamond Sponsors: 1st Trust Bank for Savings – Mortgage Division; Trustmark Bank & Mortgage and Harrah’s Entertainment; Platinum Sponsors: Crye-Leike, Realtors and Hank Park Trust; Gold Sponsors: Community Mortgage and Memorial Fund to Neil Wilson;     and, Silver Sponsors: Armstrong Allen PLLC; Crye-Leike Insurance; Latham Oates, Attorney; American Home Shield & Sterling Amerispec; D. Canale Beverages, Inc.; A.S. Barbaro, Inc.; dbi Distributors; Murphy, DeZonia & Webb, Attorneys; Coca-Cola Bottling Co.; and Memphis Title.

Crye-Leike (www.crye-leike.com), a full service real estate company for 25 years, is the nation’s 13th largest real estate company and the largest serving Tennessee and the Mid-South. It has a network of over 2,300 sales associates and 62 branch and franchise offices located in 33 counties throughout a six-state southern region in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky and Florida.

Crye-Leike, Inc. in Memphis has a sales force of over 1,100 sales associates who are located in 17 branch and franchise offices in five (5) counties throughout the West Tennessee & Mississippi regions, which include Hardin and Shelby counties in Tennessee; Crittendon County in Arkansas; and DeSoto, Lee, Lowndes and Union counties in Mississippi.

For sponsorship information for next year’s tournament, contact Lucy Doane or Dan Quinley at Crye-Leike’s Germantown Poplar branch office, 901/754-0800.