Golf Tournament Raises $11,000 for Wings Cancer Foundation

Memphis, Tenn. – The Sixth Annual Sherry Park Memorial Golf Scramble, sponsored by Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust, recently presented a check to the Wings Cancer Foundation at West Clinic in Memphis, Tenn. for $11,000. To date, the Sherry Park Memorial Golf Scramble has raised over $ 51,000 for the Wings Cancer Foundation. Neil Wilson and Joy Shelley of Crye-Leike, Realtors in Germantown served as co-chairmen.

Founded in 1996, the Wings Cancer Foundation at West Clinic is committed to the clinical cancer research and providing enhanced supportive care. The foundation offers support services such as a lending library, a labyrinth, nutritional counseling, exercise and strength building, yoga and relaxation classes as well as crisis and bereavement support group programs. Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust designated 75 percent of the funds toward cancer research and the remaining 25 percent to the clinic’s support services.

“Due to generous donations like this, the Wings Cancer Foundation is able to provide this community-based support free to anyone in the community touched by cancer,” said Brenda Wiseman of the Wings Cancer Foundation.

The late Sherry Park was managing broker of Crye-Leike’s Germantown branch office for nine years which was established in 1986. When Sherry was diagnosed with cancer, she was instrumental in organizing Crye-Leike’s first golf tournament in 1994 to benefit cancer research. Upon her death in 1995, Crye-Leike’s Germantown branch office continued the golf tournament by naming it in her memory with proceeds benefiting the Wings Cancer Foundation.

Major sponsors of the event were Crye-Leike, Realtors and the Hank Park Trust. Platinum Sponsors were First Trust Bank – Mortgage Division and Murphy Dezonia & Webb, Attorneys. Gold Sponsors were: Community Mortgage, First Tennessee Bank, Murdoch Nissan and ReMax on Track. Silver Sponsors were: American Home Shield; Armstrong Allen, PLLC; Claude Banister/State Farm Insurance; Crye-Leike Insurance; Latham Oates, Attorney; Mary Ann and Jack Tapp; Teletouch; West Clinic and Womack Exterminators.

Crye-Leike (www.crye-leike.com), a full service real estate company, is the nation’s 13th largest real estate company and the largest serving Tennessee and the Mid-South. It has a network of over 2,200 sales associates and 56 branch and franchise offices located in 27 counties throughout a four-state Mid-South region in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and North Georgia.